Multicultural Celebration – What a Success!

Wow, what a celebration! Thank you to everyone who contributed to making our Multicultural Celebration a great success. Here are some of the comments from our visitors:

• Amazing!
  • Great!
  • Enjoyable and educational
  • Awesome!
  • It was great work!
  • Learnt a thing or two! Thanks.
  • Very interesting information.
  • Very interesting and well presented.
  • Great!
  • Super fun!
  • Fantastic!!
  • What diversity in one school.
  • Fabulous!
  • Amazing, mesmerising

16 thoughts on “Multicultural Celebration – What a Success!

1. It worked out very well and everyone got someone to come to their stall. Everyone got a chance to share information. Stella
    It was a great success and it was an amazing turnout. Sienna
    I think it was a great success and everyone got to visit stalls. Leuca
    It was a great experience to learn new things about countries. Callum
    I thought that the people who were presenting enjoyed it. Odele

2. I thought it was really fun to do. Akane
    I thought that everyone had a good amount of information to share. Joshua
    The effort paid off and the stalls turned out amazing. Ebony
    I thought that everyone’s display turned out amazing and you could tell they put lots of effort into it. Eleanor

3. I think that these stalls at the multicultural event gave our community a chance to learn about different cultures that they are surrounded by. Every stall was unique and diverse. We all had fun activities planned giving the community an opportunity to learn more about our country. We were all very creative with our displays and included lots of colors, visual elements which made our stall stand out. There were also many delicious traditional foods for people to taste. Overall it was a successful event highlighting our school values and cultures.
    -Hanan and Hanan’s family

4. I think it was a great day and everyone nailed their stall and the hard work paid off!!!!! Although we only had 8 weeks to get it finished and to research their own country. I think everyone did great when they had Daniela did the timeline so we would know how,where,who,why did they come to Australia

Hannah and Hannah’s Family

5. This celebration gave everyone an opportunity to learn about different cultural beliefs, values and traditions. The way that we all came together as a community was exciting, beneficial and memorable. It was a great learning experience and a once in a lifetime event, unless the event is held again in 2019.

I believe that our stalls were designed and presented in an exclusive and creative manner. The array of cultures brought an insight to many different peoples’ cultures, values, traditions and beliefs.

I appreciated the enthusiasm shown by my peers even though some of them did not have a cultural link towards the country they chose to research. For example, some people in my group were not Greek, yet they still wanted to learn about the culture of Greece.

This event was linked to “Harmony Day” and “Kindness Day”. I enjoyed watching everyone’s eagerness towards learning about different cultures. I also saw everyone being harmonious by embracing the traditions, beliefs and values of various cultures.

This activity was a great way to express and learn about other cultures!

Thank you, Daniela for coordinating this event. Thank you to all of the teachers involved in supporting the students.

WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED!

Larissa
    (Year 6 – Room 11)

6. Amazing. It was really good to see everybody engaging with facts in the Multicultural event. Miguel
    I think it was a good opportunity to be involved with the diversity of the community and the school’s values. Lily
    The stalls at the Multicultural Event were well presented and it was great to see everyone joining in. Kav

7. NPS is so multicultural, the diversity in one small school is amazing. We can all make friends no matter what culture people are from. Lilah

8. I really likes the multicultural event and its really cool how we have so many people from different cultures. I loved the food from different cultures as well. I also loved the feedback my group got.

9. Wow, congratulations to all the Grade 5 & 6 students! The stalls looked so colourful and bright, and clearly everyone put in a lot of effort to this project. We loved the props and creativity. Well done to all involved.
    From Shea’s family

10. The day was great and everyone who came gave lots of positive feedback. All the stalls were very well-presented and colourful. I learnt many interesting things about the cultures of people in our community. We think that this was a great way to celebrate the many different cultures of people in Norwood and to learn about them.

11. The Multicultural celebration was a great day and everyone HAD to enjoy it! It all went well and it was a great success. It was a great learning opportunity for everyone involved and especially for the people running the stalls or wandering about just looking and listening to all of the things there.

James 🙂

12. It was a total success and although we only had 8 weeks to get it prepared, everyone nailed their stalls and it was great that everyone got involved with doing it. Hopefully no one got left out and I had so much fun and I would like to say a big thank you to Daniela and teachers that put lots of effort into help us as students to have this amazing event.
    Hannah
    ( year 5 room 11)

13. This event was such a success because it was organised very well and each stall had something great to share e.g. food, games, facts etc. Everyone left with a smile because they had just learnt amazing things about many countries.

Joshua (OctoJosh)